Monday, December 2, 2013

The Waste Of Comedy

Many people love Comedy films, but these people tend to be extremely immature. For those of us that are a little more grown up, we can clearly see why comedy is for the childish ones.
Durrr... am I funny?

Comedy films glorify stupidity, as seen here in the well known film Napoleon Dynamite. This film is about a socially awkward teenager helping his friend win an election. How thrilling. (Not). Personally, I find nothing less funny than a teenager walking around looking like he just woke up from hibernation.

These comedic films are also great at using inappropriateness to try to get some laughs. Sex, alcohol, and other unmentionable things are popular topics in comedies, and are shown in a wide variety of comedic movies such as The Hangover and American Pie. Respectively, these movies are about the events that happen after a crazy night of drinking and teenage boys trying to lose their virginity.
To see more, watch the movie!
Although I've tried to avoid these types of movies, I've been exposed to enough to clearly see how the directors use sexualization and sheer stupidity to be "funny". Now, lets take a look at this scene from Stepbrothers. I walked in on my mother watching it once upon a time. I was horrified, she was mortified, and that was the end of that. Warning - 18+ viewer content. I used the Harlem Shake video as an attempt to make the video slightly more funny, to no avail.



Now you know why comedy films are a waste of time; they're full of stupidity, inappropriateness, and stink of desperation due to forceful funniness. People need to be exposed to movies that have actual meaning and a decent message, not the immature, simply ridiculous themes that are brought to you by comedy films.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the reviews! they were awesome I didn't think anyone would go against comedy, but I completely agreed with your points, for the future all I would recommend is some video clips.

    Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree but a good laugh out of stupidity is good everyone once in a while. The content is good. Good job Skippy 1!

    ReplyDelete